Food Safety (HACCP) level 1 Our Food Safety (HACCP) level 1 course is designed to introduce participants to Food Safety and Hygiene issues and is based on the HACCP criteria set down by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s Guide to Food Safety Training at Level 1. On completion of this Food Safety training course, participants will be able to understand their requirements under Irish Food Safety legislation as well as following best work practices.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate the food safety skills required at Induction Level Stage I and II
• Outline the requirements necessary for bacterial growth
• Use time-temperature controls to prevent and control bacterial growth
• Describe foodborne illness and the factors which contribute to incidences of it.
• Implement the HACCP based procedures
• Apply pest control in the workplace
• Outline their legal food safety responsibilities
This training is to be provided as part of the overall food safety management system and content contained in this course is for information only. The employer and management must ensure that Food Safety Management and HACCP plans are implemented onsite and that staff are adhering to good practice.
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS ILLEGAL TO MISREPRESENT YOURSELF TO YOUR EMPLOYER. YOU MUST NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAKE THIS TRAINING IN YOUR PLACE. TO DO SO IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE – Section 13 – Safety Health and Welfare at Work act 2005.