Date(s) - 16/08/2019
9:15 am - 1:00 pm
The aim of this training programme is to increase knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse.
To ensure that those working with vulnerable adults have a sound knowledge of, and remain compliant with, the HSE Policy: ‘Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse 2014’
By the end of the session, learners will:
- At the end of this unit of learning the participant should be able to:
- Discuss what is understood to be a vulnerable person
- Define Abuse, outline the types of abuse and identify who may abuse a vulnerable person
- Describe their role using the building blocks and principles for safeguarding an promoting welfare for vulnerable persons
- Describe the key considerations in recognising abuse
- Describe the procedures when responding to concerns or allegations of abuse of vulnerable persons
- Understand their role in the protection of vulnerable adults in their care
- Understand the concept of self-neglect and the procedure to follow when responding to concerns of self-neglect
Bookings are closed for this event.