Date(s) - 07/08/2020
9:30 am - 11:00 am
Did you know that you can now complete our online Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults training course remotely??
The aim of this training programme is to increase knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse.
To ensure that those working with vulnerable adults have a sound knowledge of, and remain compliant with, the HSE Policy: ‘Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse 2014’
Duration: 1.5 hours
By the end of the session, learners will:
- Discuss what is understood to be a vulnerable person
- Define Abuse, outline the types of abuse and identify who may abuse a vulnerable person
- Describe their role using the building blocks and principles for safeguarding an promoting welfare for vulnerable persons
- Describe the key considerations in recognizing abuse
- Describe the procedures when responding to concerns or allegations of abuse of vulnerable persons
- Understand their role in the protection of vulnerable adults in their care
- Understand the concept of self-neglect and the procedure to follow when responding to concerns of self-neglect
In order to participate on this online programme, learners must hold a major award at Level 5 (or higher), or be currently working towards a QQI Level 5 major award in Healthcare/Homecare sector.
Learners must have access to:
- PC/Laptop/Smart Phone/Tablet
- Wifi Connection
Bookings are closed for this event.