Children’ First training course is to assist candidates in the identification of child abuse and neglect and to deal effectively with concerns. The training course provides a framework to support the enhancement of inter-agency co-operation and the strengthening of multidisciplinary responses to child abuse and neglect. The welfare of the child is of importance.
All statutory, voluntary and community organisations working with and in direct contact with children should have procedures and guidelines derived from and consistent with the current Children’s First national guidance.
The training aims:
Participants develop an understanding and knowledge of
• Child Protection /Welfare.
• The different types of child abuse.
• How to recognise and respond to situations.
• What steps to take to address concerns.
• The organisational support available and how to access this support.