About this course
This online course is designed to teach participants about standard health and safety best practices in the workplace. The course will discuss the importance of a safe work environment that supports and encourages a healthy workforce. Participants will learn how to protect themselves and their colleagues from common workplace hazards and how to contribute to a culture of safety at work.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people and organisations who want to protect the health and safety of employees in the workplace. It is suitable for all staff who require an introduction to health and safety best practice and helps participants understand their responsibility in keeping their workplace a safe space.
The aim of this course is to promote health, safety and wellness at work for all employees, creating a positive and safe environment that enables staff to thrive.
Health and safety at work
- What is health and safety?
- Why is it important?
- Responsibility for safety
Hazards in the workplace
- Safety statements
- Risk assessments
- Manual handling
- Slips, trips and falls
- Fire safety
- First aid
Managing a safe work environment
- Employer’s and employee’s actions
- Safety officers and safety representatives
- Personal protective equipment
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between employer and employee responsibilities with regards to health and safety at work.
- Understand the relationship between hazards, risks and control measures in the workplace.
- Follow the correct procedures in emergency situations.
- Contribute towards a safe working environment.